CSAAEINC Emerging African Leaders Program 2018
Deadline: September 30, 2018
The Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics (CSAAEINC) invites applications for the 2018 Emerging Leaders Project (ELP). The aim of the program is to raise a new generation of Nigerian leaders imbued with strong morals and skill set necessary to navigate Nigeria out of poverty and underdevelopment.
In 2013, CSAAEINC launched the Emerging African Leaders Program (ELP) to respond to Africa’s failure of leadership. The 3-year program is designed to channel young people into activities that develop leaders of character; cultivate a spirit of entrepreneurship; promote good governance, transparency and accountability in government; and encourage mentorship among African youths. ELP focuses on emerging state and non-state actors generally considered key to development. Upon completion of ELP, mentors evaluate progress and induct successful mentees into the Centre’s Network of Effective African Leaders (NEAL).
Upon completion of the 3-year ELP, mentors evaluate progress and promote successful ELP graduates to the Centre’s Network of Effective African Leaders (NEAL). These effective leaders are supported by CSAAE to run for offices, serve in government, initiate enterprises and shape public policies. They bear on each other on good governance, mentor emerging leaders at CSAAE and champion social impact projects in Africa.
For 2018, they are accepting applications in the following areas:
- Emerging Political Leaders
- Emerging Judicial Leaders
- Emerging Religious Leaders
- Emerging Business Leaders (Entrepreneurs)
Benefits of CSAAEINC Emerging African Leaders Program 2018
Successful applicants will kick-off the 3-year free training with an induction ceremony at the Centre’s Foundation Conference and Impact dinner coming up on November 22, 2018, at Top Rank Hotel, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, where leading African leaders will be addressing the future leaders.
- Leadership building experience, home and abroad.
- Conference every six months for three years all round the country.
- Feeding, transportation and accommodation all sponsored.
- Business and leadership mentorship. 5. Need based scholarship.
Eligibility for CSAAEINC Emerging African Leaders Program 2018
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen aged 16-21 years.
- Must be in 100 or 200 level university undergraduate.
- Must not only have a phone or tablet that can-do WhatsApp but also must continuously have such phone or tablet and can afford to be online for our weekly online training.
- Must have the time to be online every Friday from 7 pm – 10 pm for our weekly training.
- Must be able to travel to any part of Nigeria twice yearly for our Foundation Conferences and Mid-Year Leadership Portfolio Summits.
- Must be an aspiring political, religious, judicial, media or business leader committed to the good of Africa.
- Must be able to pass CSAAEINC ethics tests.
- Must be committed to the common good of Nigeria and Africa.
Application for CSAAEINC Emerging African Leaders Program 2018
Mode of Selection: Written applications, telephone and face-to-face interviews
Deadline for application is September 30, 2018. Orientation for selected applicants will start on November 1, 2018. Induction is on November 22nd at Green Mind Hotel, Abuja. Only selected applicants will be notified.
For more information, visit CSAAEINC.