Apply for Legal Internship Programme at International Bar Association 2018. Intern positions for the Legal Internship Programme are available for undergraduate law students, international students, postgraduate law students, and newly qualified lawyers at the International Bar Association’s offices in London, The Hague and Washington DC.
Founded in 1947, the International Bar Association (IBA) is the world’s largest organisation of law societies, bar associations, law firms and individual lawyers. The IBA is involved with cutting-edge issues affecting the international legal community and as an intern, you can become involved in the work of the Association.
The IBA plays an active role in:
- Promoting the status and independence of the profession
- Bringing lawyers together to exchange information and to discuss matters of mutual concern
- Promoting the administration of justice under the rule of law
- Promoting human rights
- Promoting commercial and economic law reform
- The role of an intern:
Selected interns will assist the IBA in developing academic papers and research on key legal topics of both local and international relevance. Interns will have an opportunity to become involved in the work of the following aspects of the Association:
- Supporting the IBA’s Human Rights Institute (in London)
- Supporting the IBA’s Legal Policy & Research Unit (in London)
- Supporting the IBA’s International Criminal Court (ICC) Programme (at The Hague)
- Supporting the IBA’s North America office (in Washington DC)
- Interns will be able to draft policy papers on substantive legal issues as well as assisting in preparing background research for grant proposals. Interns will also be able to assist in implementing technical assistance programmes in developing countries.
IBA has intakes 4 times a year, every 3 months, and usually close applications 6 months before the start date.
- For applicants in London, the IBA Educational Trust is granting funding (to a maximum of £2,000 each) to students who would not otherwise be able to take up the position due to financial constraints.
- Please check the official website for more details on the benefits.
Eligibilities for Legal Internship Programme at International Bar Association
- To be eligible to apply, you must have completed a minimum of one year of an
undergraduate law degree. They, ideally, hope to receive applications from
postgraduate law students.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit. Our interns generally range from 20 to 35 years old.
- The interns come from all over the world so expect to be in a diverse, international cohort, great for gaining different legal perspectives.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
How to Apply for Legal Internship Programme at International Bar Association
The application process involves sending a CV/resume, cover letter, application form
and writing sample (no longer than 5 pages long) to email@example.com
before the closing date. If successful, you will be invited for an interview with the team you have applied for (usually via Skype).
For more recommendations about Legal Internship Programme at International Bar Association 2018, feel free to ask using the comment box below