National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2018
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Applications are open for the National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) 2018. The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition is a nationwide competition inviting path breaking revolutionary and scalable business ideas in the life science/biotechnology domain.
The best ideas will win exciting awards which include investment opportunities totaling USD $200,000 , total cash prizes of INR Rs. 38 lakh, mentoring by industry and investment experts, and winners will be eligible for AWS Activate programme worth USD $25,000 Activate Credits.
- Healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT
- Agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, and plant based therapeutics
- Animal health
- Industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
Award for National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2018
- Total investment opportunity up to USD $200,000 for the winners
- Cash prizes totaling INR 38 lakh in various categories
- Winners eligible for AWS Activate programme worth USD $25,000 Activate Credits
- Mentorship by industry experts and investors
- Visibility and recognition to catapult winners on the national platform
Eligibility for National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2018
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, biotech companies, and start-ups
- Applicant should be a citizen of india
- If the applicant is a company, the company should be registered in india and majority ownership should be Indian
- Idea should have a deep science based biotech element/component
- Biotech includes: healthcare including drug discovery and development, vaccines, regenerative medicine, diagnostics, medical devices, digital health, healthcare IT; agri-biotech including food and nutraceuticals, soil health, plant based therapeutics; animal health; industrial biotech including clean and renewable energy, water, and waste management
- Round 1: The applications will be screened for clarity of articulation, whether the idea has deep science based biotechnology component, and whether the idea is predominantly an academic research idea as opposed to a business idea. Following this, the applications will be reviewed for scientific and technical strength, societal impact, and business potential of the idea. A review panel comprising experts from academia, industry, and investor community will review the applications.
- Round 2: Applicants that are selected for this round will make a pitch to a Jury. The evaluation criteria will be novelty of the idea, value proposition, business model, implementation plan, team strength, and quality of the presentation.
- Round 3: Applicants selected for this round will attend a 2-day residential boot camp and intense mentoring sessions. At the end of the boot camp the participants will pitch to a Grand Jury and will be evaluated for path breaking novelty quotient, business potential, and societal impact.
Application for National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2018
- Round 1: NBEC campaign will reach out to aspiring entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established companies across India. A ‘Call for Applications’ will be announced through various media. Applicants will have to apply online in the prescribed format. A panel of experts from industry academia and investor community will review the proposals and shortlist the top 100 – 150 business ideas.
- Round 2: The shortlisted applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Jury. These presentations will be held in 4 or 5 cities across the country. The jury will select the top 20 – 40 business ideas in this round.
- Round 3: The selected applicants will attend a residential entrepreneurship development boot camp and intense mentoring sessions over 2 days at C-CAMP, Bengaluru. At the end of the boot camp, the finalists will make their business plan presentation before a Grand Jury, which will select the winners of NBEC.
For more information, visit National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition.