PhD Studentship for UK/EU and International Students
The University of Hull is happy to announce PhD Studentship in Enhancing Fish and Eel Migration in Rivers through Flow Field Optimisation at Control and Pumping Stations. This studentship is available for UK/EU and international students.
The University of Hull is a public research university in Kingston upon Hull, a city in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It was founded in 1927 as University College Hull. As England’s 14th-oldest university, we have a proud heritage of academic excellence, and a history of creating and inspiring life-changing research. And we have no plans to stop helping to build a better world.
If your first language is not English, or you require a Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level.
Description for PhD Studentship for UK/EU and International Students
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: This studentship is one of six in the REDEEM research cluster (Research and Development of fish and Eel Entrainment Mitigation at pumping stations) that will focus on understanding fish and eel behaviour to minimise entrainment.
- Scholarship Award: For UK/EU postgraduate students the scholarship will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£14,553 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress. The students will also complete modules for research and transferable skills development.
- Funding has been provided by EU European Marine and Fisheries Fund (ENG2130), Environment Agency (FCRM and Fisheries), Internal Drainage Boards, Association of Drainage Authorities and University of Hull.
- Nationality: This studentship is available for UK/EU and International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for PhD Studentship for UK/EU and International Students
Eligible Countries: This studentship is available for UK/EU and International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should be highly motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic and have:
- Applicants should have at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree in a relevant subject. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have a 1stclass undergraduate degree or Masters level qualification.
- Hold a current driving licence as the role requires field site visits.
- Excellent writing and fluency in English is expected.
- Candidates will be required to work flexible hours in remote locations in the UK and other countries.
- Prospective students are expected to pursue independent research and work effectively with colleagues to contribute to cluster research goals.
English Language Requirements: If your first language is not English, or you require a Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level.
Application Procedure for PhD Studentship for UK/EU and International Students
How to Apply: Applying online means you can to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
Create a MyAdmin account and choose ‘Postgraduate Applicant – Create a Postgraduate Account’. If you are a current or returning student, you can use your existing account.