Apply for Papua New Guinea PNG Defence Force Recruitment 2019, Basic Requirements & Application Form at png defence force address to join the Png Defence Force. The Recruiting Office in Murray Barracks has started screening applications for next year’s intake (General Enlistee, Officer Cadet and Direct Entry), interested applicants should apply now via the steps below
- 1 Papua New Guinea PNG Defence Force
- 2 PNG Defence Force Recruitment
- 3 PNG Defence Force Requirements
- 4 How to Apply for Papua New Guinea PNG Defence Force Recruitment 2019
- 5 Share this:
- 6 Related
Papua New Guinea PNG Defence Force
The Functions of the Defence Force are set out under Section 202 of the Constitution as follows:
- To defend Papua New Guinea and its territory;
- To assist in the fulfillment of Papua New Guinea’s international obligations;
- To provide assistance to the civilian authorities in meeting civil disasters, the restoration of public order and security and meeting national emergencies; and
- To contribute to national development tasks.
The Duty of the Defence Force to carry out the lawful orders of the Government…is stipulated under Section 4 of the Defence Act.
PNG Defence Force Recruitment
To those interested in joining the PNGDF:
1. GENEREAL ENLISTEE APPLICATIONS
This is for applicants who want to become a Soldier are to go through 3 months recruit training in Goldie Recruit Training Depot. Only males are
eligible to apply. Female recruitment has been halted for an indefinite period.
Age: Between 18-27 years for General Enlistee
2. OFFICER CADET APPLICATIONS
This is if you want to become an Officer in the PNGDF. Training is for 18months and is done at the Joint Forces Academy in Igam Barracks, Lae, formally known as the Defence Academy.
Both Males and Females are eligible to apply if you fit all the criterias as posted previously on this page.
Age: Between 18-30 years for Officer Cadet
3. DIRECT ENTRY OFFICER APPLICATIONS
This applies to those who already have Tertiary qualifications and are
currently in the workforce, and are interested to join the force as a Specialist in your respective fields. Training is
only for 3 months in Igam Barracks, Lae in which you will learn the basics of the army. Both Females and Males are
eligible to apply
Age: Between 18-30 years for Direct Entry
PNG Defence Force Requirements
1. Expression/Letter of Interest;
2. Copies of Certificates (Grades 10 &12 ) and other Tertiary Certificates;
3. Police clearance;
4. Updated CV &
How to Apply for Papua New Guinea PNG Defence Force Recruitment 2019
The PNGDF Recruiting Office does NOT have an EMAIL ADDRESS and there are NO APPLICATION FORMS. Interested Applicants may apply by providing required docs as stated above.
For more recommendations about PNG Defence Force Recruitment 2019: Requirements & Application Form , feel free to ask using the comment box below