World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2019
Deadline: October 5, 2018
Applications are now open for the World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program. Launched in 2013, the WBG Africa Fellowship Program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or recently completed a Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work.
The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia. The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in the operations of the WBG. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
The WBG’s Africa fellows have proven to be valuable resources for their hiring units. They contribute to the work program of their respective units and to the World Bank’s mission. In the process they (i) gain a better understanding of the World Bank’s operations; (ii) access quality data for their research; (iii) interact with and learn from seasoned experts in the field of development.
Eligibility for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2019
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in all relevant field of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
Application Procedure for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2019
Please prepare the following documents which are required to complete the application
- Current CV/Resume
- A one page summary of your dissertation
- Statement of purpose or cover letter (500 words)
- Sample(s) of original written work (optional)
For more information, visit World Bank Group.